Our Solutions aim to digitally connect various stakeholders in agricultural industry, provide varied product/services according to the needs and requirements of user, improve farming methods and activity through innovative technology and connected tools. For example, our Solutions can assist you with farm management, crop and field analysis, and agronomic decisions.
Our digital farming solutions (Solutions) include but not limited to:
- Online or downloadable software.
- Mobile applications.
- Hardware which may be linked to our software or mobile applications, and connected to the Internet.
- Our social media pages and applications that we administer.
- Events (such as trade shows or networking events) that relate to our Solutions.
1.2.YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Contact details (for example, name, postal address, email, telephone number, emergency contact details).
- Personal details (for example, demographic characteristics, including birthdate and gender).
- Transaction data (for example, transactions and agreements, purchase history, shipping and billing information).
- Financial data (for example, bank, card and account details, and other payment related information).
- Farming activity (for example, tasks and agronomic decisions).
- Device and software data (for example, device-ID, operating system and corresponding version, specific use data and patterns).
- Relationship data (for example, support requests, ratings, testimonials and feedback).
- Social media account data (for example, social-media account ID and posts).
- Passwords related to Pratik Industries applications/Solutions.
- Location data (for example, GPS location, IP address, and mobile device including a unique identifier number).
We may ask you to provide certain additional information about yourself on a case to case basis.
Such Personal Information relates to any individual who purchases, uses or is involved with our Solutions. This includes:
- Customers who install or purchase our Solutions, including individual farmers, distributors and retailers.
- Users who employ/ use our Solutions.
- Partners who install and/or sell our Solutions.
- Third party service providers who assist in the marketing or operating of the Solutions.
- Employees and representatives of the above categories’ persons.
You can choose not to provide any Personal Information that we may request of you, but, in general, the Personal Information we request is required in order to provide you with access to and use of the Solutions, and the lack of such information may prevent us from doing so and impact the service capability and certain features of the Solutions.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 PURPOSES FOR ALL SOLUTION
We use your Personal Information for:
(a) Providing the functionality of the Solutions and customer support
- Provide the Solutions to you, such as allowing access to your account.
- Provide location-based Solutions.
- Complete and record your transactions, including payment.
- Ship items and hardware you order, such as sampling kits and measurement devices.
- Provide you with, and enable you to generate, agronomic reports and tips.
- Provide you with customer service and technical assistance (for example, installation, maintenance and breakdown assistance) and improve our customer relationship management processes.
- Send you administrative information, such as changes to our terms and policies.
- Provide training to you regarding our Solutions.
- Respond to your inquiries and requests, for example when you send us questions or suggestions.
We do this pursuant to our contractual relationship with you or to comply with a legal obligation
(b) Providing you with marketing materials
- Send you marketing communications and offer other materials that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters and personalized offerings, to inform you about the Solutions and any offers
- Share information with other marketers to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- Enable the posting of comments and testimonies about you on our websites and other parts of our Solutions. We do this with your (opt-in/out) consent, or where we have a legitimate interest.
(c)Providing you with promotional opportunities and facilitate social sharing
- Allow you to participate in promotions.
- Facilitate social sharing functionality if you choose to do so.
We do this to manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, or where we have a legitimate interest. Additional rules may apply to such promotions or social sharing. Please make sure to read those rules.
(d)Conducting business reporting and offering tailored services
- Analyse our customers’ use of the Solutions in order to prepare aggregated trend reports.
- Provide you with tailored advice and agronomical tips.
- Allow our customers to participate in polls and surveys, so that we can improve our service offerings.
We do this with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
(e)Accomplishing our business purposes
- Business intelligence, such as compiling general market insights.
- Product improvement, to develop new products and solutions, or enhance our current products and Solutions.
- Governance and audits, for example by implementing internal audits, business analysis, controls and reporting (for example, whistleblowing procedures).
- Business transactions, including a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business (Business Transaction). For example, in case of a merger with or acquisition by another company, we may be required to disclose Personal Information to that company.
- Protect Pratik Industries assets, for example for health and safety reasons, or to manage access rights and security (to prevent fraud, cyberattacks and identity theft and protect the security and integrity of our Solutions).
- Comply with legal obligations, for example we need to retain invoices for accounting purposes, or disclose some data to comply with requests from public authorities.
We do this to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
(f) Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. We may do so for example after you close your account.
Our primary goal is to provide you safe, efficient, smooth and customized experiences through the Solutions. The Personal Information collected allows us to provide the Solutions that most likely meet your needs. More importantly, while doing so, we collect the Personal Information from you that we consider necessary for achieving the abovementioned purposes.
3. OTHER INFORMATION
Pratik Industries also collects and uses certain data which does not reveal your specific identity and does not relate to an identified or identifiable individual (Other Information). This information therefore does not qualify as Personal Information. We still want you to be aware of our practice in relation to such information.
Examples of what may constitute Other Information include:
(a) Agronomic and business-related data, such as:
- Fertilizer, field, soil and crop data (for example, type, amount, location and mapping, and yield).
- Other local and farming characteristics (for example, location and mapping, weather and farming conditions).
- Machinery and device data (for example, model, technical characteristics, location and associated tasks).
(b) Software and hardware data (for example, connection time and use trends).
(c) Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
(d) Anonymized or aggregated data.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Examples of ways in which we use Other Information include:
- To provide the Solutions.
- Generating nutrient map applications and acreage indexes.
- Providing soil measurements.
- Improving agronomic knowledge through regional nutrient analysis.
- Research and development.
- Product and service improvement of the Solutions.
- To learn about you and your interests, and to deliver and tailor marketing materials.
4. CONTACTING US
Mr. Pratik Shah
firstname.lastname@example.org or Plot No. E-30, M.I.D.C., KUPWAD-416 436. (Dist. Sangli) Maharashtra India. Tel: (0233) 2623507/2623508/2623509
5. YOUR RIGHTS
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may be entitled to request:
(a) Right of access
- To obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we hold personal data about you, access such data and other information in regard to such data.
- To obtain a copy of your personal data.
(b) Right of rectification
- The correction/ modification of personal data if they are incorrect or incomplete.
(c) Right to deletion
- The deletion of personal data under certain instances, for example where you consented to their use and have since withdrawn your consent, or where they are illegally used.
(d) Right to restriction
- The limitation of the use of personal data under certain circumstances.
(e)Right to portability
- The receipt of the personal data which you provided to Pratik Industries, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Transmitting such personal data, or having them transmitted where technically feasible, to another company responsible for their use, under certain circumstances.
(f)Right to object or opt-out
- To object to the use of your personal data under certain circumstances, including in relation to direct marketing and where your personal data are used based on a legitimate interest of Pratik Industries. If you would like to opt-out from any direct marketing, you can do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button in the messages you receive.
(g) Right to withdraw consent
- To withdraw your consent at any time if the use of your Personal Information is based on consent. Note that withdrawing your consent will not make the use of your data before your withdrawal unlawful. In case you do not provide your consent or later withdraw your consent, this may prevent us from providing the Solutions or certain features/ capabilities thereof. In such a scenario, Pratik Industries may delete your Personal Information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributable to you.
If you would like to exercise your rights, do not hesitate to contact us at the aforesaid contact details. Please note that the rights above may be restricted in line with applicable law.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
6.1. WHICH THIRD PARTIES HAVE ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Optimizing our shared processes. Within a group of companies, it is sometimes necessary to use and leverage resources effectively. In this context, we support each other within our group in optimizing our shared processes.
- Other cross-affiliate initiatives, such as research and development, marketing and finding new prospects, and other related purposes.
(b) Third party service providers, vendors and/ or consultants to facilitate services they provide to us
- These services include (without limitation) hosting data, cloud services, processing payments (including validation), delivering shipments, email delivery, distribution, customer support and technical assistance, maintenance, undertaking audits and or data analysis, web analytics, IT performance monitoring, customer relationship management, evaluating, running and optimizing user experience or our growth campaigns, polls and surveys, assistance in our marketing and advertising initiatives, legal compliance, as well as to secure our business operations, such as identifying and resolving malfunctions, fraudulent or illegal activities.
(c) Public authorities where disclosure is required
- To comply with applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To address a dispute with a third party.
- When we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
- To provide information we believe is important.
(d) Partners and commercial relationships to accomplish our business with them
- In connection with collaboration initiatives, for example as part of the sale and distribution process.
- In connection with a sale or Business Transaction. We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of a Business Transaction.
- To permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
(e)Third parties with whom you share Personal Information through the Solutions
- Some Solutions may enable you to grant access to or share your Personal Information with other individuals or organizations in relation to the Solutions, for example to advisors to assist you in decision-making, consultants, distributors, machinery manufacturers and social media.
As well as where otherwise prescribed to comply with applicable law and regulations, enforce our (and our representatives’ and group’s) rights, terms and conditions, privacy, safety or property.
Where appropriate to the context, the third parties that we share or make available your Personal Information are bound by contractual obligations to keep such Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and also maintain, at minimum, the same level of data protection that is adhered to by us
6.2 HERE WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Notwithstanding the above, any financial data (for example, bank, card and account details, and other payment related information) that may be collected by Pratik Industries in India is stored on servers, log files and any other storage system owned by Pratik Industries or by third parties in India.
6.3. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Some Solutions may link you or enable you to obtain certain services from third parties. For example, it may be possible to:
- (a) Make a payment through the Solutions.
- (b) Access weather forecast or GPS provided by others.
- (c) Share content with/through social media.
- (d) Procure Solutions through a third party distributor.
- (e) Export and import information with machinery manufacturers, for example for easier field tracing.
- (f) Grant third parties access to your Personal Information, such as advisors who assist you in decision-making.
6.4. PUBLIC FORUM
By using the Solutions, you may choose to disclose Personal Information on message boards, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information (including our social media pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public, and may be available to other users and the general public. To request the removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us (see Section 5). In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information or some content (if, for example, it is reposted by another user).
7. WHOW WE SOURCE AND RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our services providers collect Personal Information from various sources such as:
(a) Through the Solutions
- We collect Personal Information through the Solutions, for example, when you subscribe to a Solution, set up a user profile or interact with our connected devices.
- We collect Personal Information from you offline, for example when you attend our events, or contact our customer service.
(c) From other sources
We obtain data from other sources, for example
- Publically available databases (to the population at large, or to specific relevant groups such as the farming community), for example to improve land consolidation.
- Your employer or public authorities as part of enabling the Solutions.
- Commercial partners who sell or install the Solutions, when they share the Personal Information with us.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an on-going relationship with you and provide the Solutions to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Solutions), or to enable you to conduct your activities and meet your retention requirements. For example, as a rule of thumb regarding customer Personal Information, we seek to re-asses the need to retain your data couple year after you cease to be a registered customer (for example, to allow us to answer complaints or inquiries that may still arise). However, there are also other factors that may influence that period as set out below.
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
8. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, medical records and history, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, physical, physiological and mental health condition, sexual orientation, criminal background or trade union membership) on the Solutions.
9. SECURITY PRECAUTIONS AND MEASURES
We take information security seriously and have reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to protect your privacy and Personal Information from theft, loss, unauthorised access, misuse, destruction, alteration and modification, in compliance with applicable laws. Our information security policies and our technical, operational and physical security measures conform to the IS/ISO/IEC 27001 standard. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, on or through our Solutions, and any transmission is at your own risk. By using our Solutions or providing information to us through any means, you agree (i) that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Solutions, and (ii) to take adequate physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your data including your Personal Information till the time you have access to and/or use our Solutions (directly or indirectly).
When payment information is being transmitted on or through the Solutions, it will be protected by encryption technology. You expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third party service providers, including payment gateways, to process payments and manage your payment-related information. Hence, Pratik Industries cannot guarantee that transmissions of your payment-related information or Personal Information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Pratik Industries or Pratik Industries’s third-party service providers. Pratik Industries assumes no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond its control. You play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure and you shall not share your Personal Information or other security information for your account with anyone.
10.1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies are a standard feature of websites that allow us to store small amounts of data on your computer or device about your visit to our Solutions. Cookies help us learn for example which areas of our website are useful and which areas need improvement. For this purpose, we also use technologies similar to cookies, such as pixel tags.
10.2. WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE?
(a) Essential Cookies. Essential cookies enable you to navigate the Solutions such as our websites and to use their services and features. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, the website for example will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the website or certain features. Such cookies include for example those to remember what you place in your shopping cart or authenticate you before signing up to your Pratik Industries account.
(b) Preference Cookies. Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language, age, communication preference and other local settings, and customize our Solutions accordingly.
(c) Social Media Cookies. Social media cookies collect information about social media usage. They enable to perform market research or marketing.
(d) Analytics Cookies. Analytics cookies collect information about your use of our Solutions, such as our websites and enable us to improve the way they work. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on our website, time spent and links clicked on pages or what users like and do not like, help us record any difficulties you have with the website, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the website, rather than the usage of a single person. We use the information to analyze website traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information.
(e) Advertising Cookies. Advertising cookies are set to display targeted promotions or advertisements based upon your interests on the Solutions or to manage our advertising. These cookies collect information for example about your activities our websites and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising. These cookies enable us for example to track if you are a current customer and when the last time was that you engaged with us, so that we can follow-up, or to find new customers and prospects.
Effective date: 25 Nov 2023 / Last updated: 25 Nov 2023
Copyright Terms & Conditions
Though all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of the content on this website, the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes. Incase of any ambiguity or doubts, users are advised to verify / check with the Pratik Industries Department(s) and / or other source(s), and to obtain appropriate professional advice.
Photographs used are not real and made only for this website and will not be allowed to use in any other activities under no circumstances
Under no circumstances will this Pratik Industries Department be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of India.
The information posted on this website could include hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by non-Government / private organisations. Copyright Office is providing these links and pointers solely for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the Copyright Office website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website. Copyright Office, does not guarantee the availability of such linked pages at all times. Copyright Office cannot authorise the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users are advised to request such authorisation from the owner of the linked website. Copyright Office, does not guarantee that linked websites comply with Indian Government Web Guidelines.